James Casper was born and grew up in southern Minnesota. Apart from living in various Minnesota locales, he has resided in Boston, St. Louis, eastern Tennessee, and London, England. He and his wife of twenty-four years have traveled extensively. Rome is one of their favorite places. He is happiest walking from lock to lock along the Thames in England. His first novel is Everywhere in Chains. You can find more of his writing at his website, FarHavenPress.com.
This highly thought-provoking, sometimes amusing and always life-affirming novel illustrates one family’s experiences with America’s criminal justice system. As Penelope searches for the truth about her father, she rattles the skeletons in her family’s closet and shakes up the complacency of her community, which has tried to sweep the past… Read more »
Posts from this author at the Novel Thoughts blog.
- “Chesterton Versus 007” May 6, 2019
- “Writing When There Is No Answer” October 26, 2018
- “This Book Is Burning” October 5, 2018
- “Novels Like a Ship in a Bottle” May 8, 2018
- “Is Realistic Catholic Fiction a Unicorn?” December 15, 2017
- “Blackrobes on the Quad” July 1, 2016
- “Soup Bones and Novels” February 3, 2016
- “The Catholic Novelist As Peddler in Bleak Midwinter” January 27, 2016
- “Sincerity in a Nuns’ Cemetery” August 21, 2015
- “Graham Greene’s Cobbled Road from St. Mary’s” July 28, 2015
See all of James Casper's blog posts...